(If anyone would like to have editing privileges on this page, just let me know. I live down in Provo and don't get to explore this canyon as much as I would like...)
Getting ThereFrom I-15:
Take the Alpine/Highland exit and follow the road EAST for seven miles. This road is SR-92, and it will take you directly into American Fork Canyon.
Go NORTH on State Street in Orem (US-89). Follow this road into Lindon, UT. Turn right at 100 E, by the Purple Turtle. Follow the road NORTH along the base of the mountains. As the road bends slightly to the left, its name changes to Canyon Road. Continue following this road until it merges with SR-92 at the mouth of American Fork Canyon.
FeesYou must purchase a pass for recreation in American Fork Canyon. Drivers who are just passing through the canyon will not be required to pay this fee. As of Fall 2009, the prices are as follows:
Three-day pass: $6
Seven-day pass: $12
Annual pass: $45
Forest Service Restrictions- Please enjoy and preserve the beauty of the canyon by keeping all sites clean. Protect resources by staying on designated roads and trails, packing out all trash, and respecting the vegetation, wildlife, and archaeological/historic sites.
- No fireworks of any kind are permitted on National Forest System or Park Service lands.
- Mt. Timpanogos Wilderness and the Silver Lake Basin of Lone Peak Wilderness are under year-round fire closure. No campfires or use of charcoal briquettes are allowed. Camp and backpack stoves are permitted. Be aware of fire restrictions before building a campfire.
- Please camp in designated campgrounds and use Leave No Trace practices.
- Recreation, wilderness, and travel maps available at visitor center.
- When bringing livestock to the canyon, please use only weed-free hay or forage during your visit.
CampingThere are many campsites available in American Fork Canyon:
Altamont, Granite Flat, Holman Flat, Little Mill, Mount Timpanogos, North Mill, Salamander Flat, Theatre-in-the-Pines, and Timpooneke.
External LinksUtah Mountain Biking
Timpanogos Cave National Monument