2013 events listBasing on my 2012 experiences (during which I started twelve times !) here is a short calendar of things I'd like to do, or do again... For sure I won't manage to attend half of them, but this is like a "wish-list" .
Like 2012, starting on Saturdays till May won't be possible, which restricts significantly possibilities...
- 13/01 : Bieg dla WOŚP, Żórawina
- 26/01 : zBiegiem Natury Wrocław
- 03/02 : Wrocławska Dycha (running, 10km)
- 09/02 : Wilcze Gronie (tral running)
- 10/02 : Jeżów Sudecki Winter Bike Maraton
- 16/02 : zBiegiem Natury Wrocław
- 23/02 : XIII Zimowy Bieg PIASTA
- 02/03 : Cross między mostami (running), a 13 km cross taking place, as it name tells, between two bridges along the river. Never done it and apparently very popular.
- 09/03 : zBiegiem Natury Wrocław
- 23/03 : Ślęża half-marathon (running) : The plan for my second attendance is much more ambitious. The goal is not anymore to follow my "Los Bieganeros" fellows, but to break the 1h40 limit, and possibly less !who played the role of hares, I made it in 1h53. The race (21.1km) is running around the mountain Ślęża, well known in biking, with a pass involving 300m of elevation half-way.
- 14/04 : MTB Powerade Murowana Goślina
- 21/04 : Wrocław Bike Marathon. Weather can't be worse than what it was for the 2012 edition. Why not ?
- 28/04 : Cracow Marathon. All is said ! And, it will be the day of my 36 years...
- 04/05 : possibly MTB Powerade Złoty Stok (alas on a Saturday...)
- 18/05 : possibly MTB Powerade Wałbrzych (alas on a Saturday...)
- 18/05 (date unsure) : Cross-Duathlon Żyrowik. Heard of it last year, very fun race apparently !
- 25/05 : Bieg Górski Na Ślężę (running, 5km)
- 30/05-02/06: I had a dream... MTB trophy 2013... 4-Days MTB stage-rage, the only in Poland to be on the UCI calendar. World-wide known...
- 01/06 : MTB Muflon. On a Saturday but I must find a way to attend this race !
- 02/06 : Triathlon Sieraków : A popular triathlon taking place in the north. Said it can be made with a mountain bike. Conflicting dates with MTB trophy ! :(
- 08/06 : possibly Bike Marathon Głuszyca
- 15/06 : Triathlon MTB Dąbrowa Górnicza, a small MTB triathlon.
- 15/06 : MTB Powerade Karpacz. Conflicting dates with Dąbrowa Górnicza ! :( Done it already twice so choice #2 on this date.
- 29/06 : possibly Bike Marathon Myślenice
- 07/07 : Triathlon Radków
- 20/07 : possibly Bike Marathon Bielawa
- 21/07 : "Memoriał Fisha" in Zieleniec
- 21/07 : Triathlon Mistrzostwa Polski na długim ITU wypływają na szerokie wody
- 10/08 : II Półmaraton Henrykowski
- 11/08 : Uphill race to Śnieżka. Done in 2012. Must think of it...
- 18/08 Terratlon 2013 (in theory at this date). Brand new place (Zarzecze near Żywiec) and route. I believe the organization will be better than 2012
- 18/18 XTERRA Germany, Very attractive and close to Poland, but also expensive ! And probably conflicting dates with Terratlon...
- 14/09 : possibly Bike Marathon Polanica Zdrój
- 14/09 : Bialy Kosciol Rajd rowerowy. Already done but might do it again !
- 28/09 : possibly Bike Marathon Świeradów Zdrój
- 28/09 : possibly Skandia Maraton Lang Team Rabka
- 29/09 : possibly V LIMANOWA FORREST, beautiful trail-half-marathon in the Beskids
- 13/10 : Poznań Marathon.
- 03/11 : III Bieg Bystrzycki - Kąty Wrocławskie
2013 explorations to-do listNothing is less sure than I will manage to realize the half, unless I become a retired millionaire...
This is my bag of ideas, to make sure I won't forget my dreams and map inspirations ;)
SudetesI haven't ridden all trail in the Sudetes (this is impossible !) but almost all of the main regions were visited once. So the rest of places I want to visit are either not very popular by bike, or significantly remote from Wrocław...
MTB (Cross Country)
- Niemczańskie wzgórza
- Loop around Adrpasske Skaly
- Jizerske Hory, together with Smrek Singletrack.
- Trojmorski Wierch
- Petrovy Kameny
- Die Lausche
- Zittauer Gebirge
Cyclotouring (possibly taking Mikołaj and Dorota on some week end):
- Góry Bystrzyckie, Autostrada Sudecka
- Góry Bialskie, Marianne's road
BeskidsMy knowledge of the Sudetes is getting more and more complete, so I'm looking forward to turn myself to the Beskids, western regions first (having said that I cycled already quite much the Silesian Beskids...)
- Pilsko, an MTB must-do.
- Babia Góra from the south (Slovakia, yes we can cycle it there !)
- Przehyba& Wielki Rogacz
- Poprad gorges
Tatras and aroundAh, the Tatras. Not very rich for the biker but so beautiful. Haven't been there in 2012 and I must remedy to it next year ! The things below rather meet dreams than genuine projects, they are farther... But such a beautiful land...
- Magura Witowska
- Trail to
- Lubochnianska Dolina, Slovakia's longest valley
- Ticha & Koprovska Dolina, biking & hiking loop, with Hladké sedlo & Temnosmrečinské pleso
- Sestrčska Dolina & Kvačianska Dolina
Czech Republic and various- Palava hills
- Šumava national park
- Český Ráj
- Tyniecki Park Krajobrazowy
20 Highest places I cycled (>1200m), revised1. Tuc de Labatiadère, Pyrenees, 1737m
2. Cap de Bouirex, Pyrenees, 1680m
3. Puy de Niermont, Cantal, 1620m (done in 1999)
4. Śnieżka, Sudetes
5. Luční Hora, Sudetes, 1510m
6. Murowaniec, Tatras, 1500m
7. Praděd, Sudetes, 1492m
8. Śnieżnik, Sudetes, 1425m
9. Šerák, Sudetes, 1351m
10. Lysá Hora, Beskides, 1323m
11. Labská Louka, Sudetes, 1320m
12. Černa Hora, Sudetes, 1300m
13. Jaworzyna Kamienica, Gorce, 1288m
14. Petrova Bouda, Sudetes, 1288m
15. Chata Jelenka, 1263m
16. Repisko, Tatras, 1259m
17. Barania Góra, Beskids, 1220m
18. Lubań, Gorce, 1211m
19. Medvědí Vrch, Sudetes, 1210m
20. Czarna Góra, Sudetes, 1203m
Best rides ever (Central Europe only), revised2008 :
Dolina Suchej Wody
Szlak Orlich Gniazd
Baabe Binz coast trail
Barania Góra, Beskids, 1220m
Lasocki ridge & Jelenka
Szlak Orlich Gniazd
Best rides ever (France)- Tuc de Labatiadère, Pyrenees
- Cap de Bouirex, Pyrenees
- Pic de Saint Loup
- Suque de Quintillargues
- Boucle du Lion
My best MTB marathons2011 : Karpacz MTB Powerade
2012 : Stronie Śląskie MTB Powerade