Welcome to MBPost!  -
Areas & Bike ParksTrailsRacesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsOtherPeopleWhat's NewForum

Anyone here been biking in Asia?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia.

Postby AnimalFromSpace » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Phillippines Larry? Did you ever see a bunch of dogs lashed to the back of a trike with their legs broken behind their backs? Say, central Luzon? Animal rights aren't a huge consideration there.
AnimalFromSpace

Postby AnimalFromSpace » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:10 pm

I was in a village on Mindoro Island and they slaughtered a couple of pigs. I didn't see all of it but the pigs obviously knew what was going on and started screaming. Was chilling. They're pretty smart!

Then there's the Water Buffalo. This one village, they'd killed one and butchered it right in the main intersection. A town without electricity. So when they killed one, everybody in the ville was eating Water Buffalo. Kids were running through it with the dripping meat in their hands.

AnimalFromSpace

Postby AnimalFromSpace » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:54 am

That particular trip was some time ago. My buddy was in the Peace Corps and he said "you gotta see this". But I like Asia. I went twice last year.

I'm considering another trip to the Phills. I've been working on several big Pacific wreck trips but there's a huge overhead in flight time. Thinking of doing this as a tune-up. Like you said, it's only about 14 hours.

I posted this on SP on Bryans Great Battleships thread.

http://www.scubaboard.com/drupal/?q=node/149

I wouldn't mind taking a bike to Batad, You've ever been? Near Banaue?
AnimalFromSpace

Postby AnimalFromSpace » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:03 am

It's headhunter country. Run your thumb along the edge of a headaxe while you're there. I think the soldiers keep it local. The people in those mountains aren't gonna grease people unless they start farming on their land or something.

haha :lol: This thread could more appropriately be titled, "anyone here have an Asian wife? Both of us do.'
AnimalFromSpace

Previous

Return to Asia