Welcome to MBPost!  -

Żywiec beer ! (where from ? :)

[ Sizes: Orig | Small | Thumb ]
Żywiec beer ! <a href="http://www.mbpost.com/area/278251/western-beskids.html">(where from ? :)</a>
Żywiec beer !

Comments

[ Post a Comment ]
Viewing: 1-19 of 19

rustybikeRewarding moment ! -For adult viewing only...

rustybike

Voted 10/10

After a day of sweating it off a cold brew seems to represent the perfect solution to get the nerves and muscles back on track...

Coincidentally I'm at an aquaintance place,cold brew currently being served . Even if I don't tend to drink , after an extended work-out on a trail a cold brew does get me back on track ! Mind you the image could be a perfect money maker for the brand which implies that an artist with an eye for good images can make a fortune with such a picture (all you need is a background image of you and your buddies in a festive mood on your bikes to top it off if you want to submit the image to the name brand producer. A catchy slogan does help, an example being "after the drought of a work-out a cold brew brings you back from the dreary blues !" or "On the road with your buddies a cold brew -of the name brand- does wonders for you " etc etc etc LOL ! )

Posted Nov 27, 2010 1:49 pm

VisentinRe: Rewarding moment ! -For adult viewing only...

Visentin

Hasn't voted

Beer is good in the way it rehydrates the body quick. The bad thing is alcohol of course. Zywiec also exists without alcohool. ok it's not beer anymore, but it still makes a nice thing to drink. I remember having one hidden in the boot of my car by accident, when unloading some shopping. I found it by surprise packing back the bike after a warm ride. It was a pleasure !
Posted Nov 28, 2010 5:21 am

ferdaynice

ferday

Voted 10/10

i love zywiec, it's pretty cheap at the store down the street!
Posted Nov 27, 2010 8:37 pm

VisentinRe: nice

Visentin

Hasn't voted

Do you have it there, really ?
That's a great beer, but drinking only it, after a while I get tired of its taste. Not the best polish beer in my opinion... (however far to be the worse)
Posted Nov 28, 2010 5:18 am

ferdayit's imported

ferday

Voted 10/10

by one of the largest liquor chains in the city...in fact we have a lot of european beers here, it's actually harder to get american beer!
Posted Nov 28, 2010 12:44 pm

VisentinRe: it's imported

Visentin

Hasn't voted

What are the names of your local beers in AB ? One of the most famous "battles" between american and european beers is the copyright issue with Budweiser (the original beeing czech), maybe you know already. However even the original is not my czech favourite... What kind of other beers from these regions do you have ?
Posted Nov 29, 2010 4:52 am

rustybikeRe: it's imported

rustybike

Voted 10/10

Sorry for intruding, but the talk of beer brands gets me going ! I still vividly remember the unbelievable sight I uncovered in a small supermarket of the AXEP chain in downtown Chicoutimi . 54 brands of beer were there to be discovered ! Talk about the exploration of the unknown in the quest for delightful moments ! In our neck of the woods there are many micro breweries some of them in neighbourhood bars such as the one on St Denis street in Montreal or the one adjacent to it on Ontario street (almost at the corner of St Hubert). The beer you drink originates from those large vats they hold on premise...Some small country towns also hold such micro breweries some of the home brew being of a most exquisite nature ! Mind you, I wouldn't want to end up looking like Obelix after falling in a vat of such magic brew !
Posted Nov 29, 2010 2:10 pm

ferdayRe: it's imported

ferday

Voted 10/10

the largest local AB breweries are Big Rock, and Wild Rose. of course we have many brewpubs like i'm sure you do!

we can "easily" get Urquell and Czechvar, Zywiec and Lesajsk (i believe those are polish or czech?) I love urquell, one of my favorites.

A huge amount of German, Danish, Dutch, Belgian, and UK beers are readily available, and if one is lucky at the small corner shops some rare (to us) european beers can be found in small quantities!
Posted Nov 29, 2010 2:39 pm

VisentinRe: it's imported

Visentin

Hasn't voted

Ferday> Never heard of Lesajsk despite it sounds definitely polish. Urquell, yes, it's one of my favs too, better than the local Bud. Try to see if there is "Bernard" (despite the name sounds french it's czech). That's my favourite of all beers.
Rusty> A friend of mine who studied a year in Canada brought me back some beers from Quebec. Cannot remember their names but they were not bad !
Posted Nov 29, 2010 4:30 pm

rustybikeRe: it's imported

rustybike

Voted 10/10

I can't possibly be the rusty in question even if I definitely look rusty !

Some great local brands to further investigate include the Tremblay (my favorite) , the spicy beer from the Cheval Blanc breweries , the Chanvre rouge (my most favorite which is almost unobtainable . A beer with a mild sweet taste !), the varieties from the Boreal label without forgetting what the major brands have to offer including the so well known Labatt 50 that most people don't make an issue of it !
Posted Nov 30, 2010 1:46 pm

BeDrinkableRe: it's imported

BeDrinkable

Voted 10/10

Urquell is an old favorite of mine as well! I haven't tried too terribly many of the central European brews tho'. Too many local (and nearly local) pubs have opened up and I have to test them first! I may have to give a few on that list a shot.
Posted Nov 30, 2010 2:56 pm

VisentinRe: it's imported

Visentin

Hasn't voted

Tremblay, yes I remember that one now !
Posted Nov 30, 2010 3:37 pm

rustybikeRe: it's imported

rustybike

Voted 10/10

Folks , the importance is to drink with moderation without succumbing to the temptation of another tasteful brew of the likes a Dutch Navigator beer may represent in the quest for enlightenment !
Posted Nov 30, 2010 6:13 pm

VisentinRe: it's imported

Visentin

Hasn't voted

I hate beers with more than 6%. I think the greatest pleasure you get when drinking a beer is more the feeling of re-hydrating and refreshing than feeling drunk.
Posted Dec 1, 2010 10:31 am

ferdayRe: it's imported

ferday

Voted 10/10

maudite, fait du monde...

my favorite quebec beers. my wife is quebecois, and i personally love the 8-10% beer!
Posted Dec 2, 2010 12:24 am

VisentinRe: it's imported

Visentin

Hasn't voted

These are beers with high fermentation, and high in aroma if I'm not wrong. That's not always bad. But I cannot drink them in big quantity.
Posted Dec 2, 2010 2:36 am

rustybikeRe: it's imported

rustybike

Voted 10/10

Well said !

Although the navigator has such a fulfilling taste that I'm always tempted to try a second one !

But as usual the quest for refreshment tends to prevail...
Posted Dec 2, 2010 5:57 pm

RayMondoImported

RayMondo

Voted 10/10

The best car I ever bought is one with a big boot (trunk), which carried crates of my favourite back from Germany. Dunkelsweiss Bier. (meaning Dark-white beer) a lovely mellow, malty brew with a head 3 inches deep. And no chemicals or additives - German brewing standards.
Posted Dec 3, 2010 11:21 am

VisentinRe: Imported

Visentin

Hasn't voted

A nice one too :)
Posted Dec 4, 2010 5:19 am

Viewing: 1-19 of 19

Rate This Image
Current Score: 79.04

Western Beskids (Area/Bike Park)

After heavy rain

Viewing
#2 of 130
GALLERY
Borkowski Path
NEXT »

Visentin's Image Gallery

The technician is coming

Viewing
#19 of 10719
GALLERY
Bike Poland !
NEXT »

Mountain Biking Beer/Wine or Coffee!! (Album)

Image Data